Thursday, November 16, 2006

Teddy needs a hug

I'll plainly admit it, I do have a perpetual soft spot for adorable things, and this body casted little teddy bear is one of the cutest things that I've chanced upon in ages.

Beyond it's "awww" factor, this bear reminds me of many, many, many days (who am I kidding, it's more like countless hours) that I spent playing "hospital" as a child, When I couldn't lasso a friend or relative into being the person that I wrapped in casts (aka, tension bandages, white fabric, gauze, white bed linens, etc) - or in conjunction with them - I would lovingly swaddle my dolls, stuffed animals and Barbies in all manner of casts (most often full body casts, but I had a penchant for LLCs too - especially on Barbie's mile long gams).

There was so much simple, beautiful innocence about those days. At five or six years old you don't have to contend with all of the sexual thoughts that later come into play (for nearly all casters). I was the doctor or nurse (complete with costumes and a play doctor's kit) and these toys were merely my wounded patients who required a huge dose of TLC.

It was fun, it was special, and when I look back upon those carefree casting days, I am thankful for each and every one of them. For they helped to shape me into the casting enthusiast, and quite frankly the woman, that I am today.

(Teddy bear shot from Phi on Flickr)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was around nine years old, I used adhesive tape to "cast" the leg of Floppy, my stuffed rabbit. I put him in an overnight bag, used a pieve of string to connect his leg to the lid, and when it opened, he was lying there in "traction". I took it around to show the neighbors and they were all imoressed with my "instant hospital".

When I removed the tape much later, it removed much of the nap on his leg, so that Flopp'ys leg is semi-bald to this day. Yes, I still have him. He was placed in my crib when I was born, and I guess he will ride along in the casket, too.

Rider

11/22/2006 11:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I broke my leg whenI was six and my parents brought my stuffed monkey to the hospital with a "cast" on his leg that htey had made so we would be injured together.

12/11/2006 8:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There was so much simple, beautiful innocence about those days. At five or six years old you don't have to contend with all of the sexual thoughts that later come into play"

Very poignant and true post. As a woman as well, sometimes I feel alone in my experiences with my casting fetish. When I was a child, it was just an extreme interest that I knew was fun, and made me happy. It wasn't until I was 19 that I came to terms with my fetish and embraced it. When I was a child though something was present in my that made me hide what I was doing, whether it be applying fake cast to barbies, or playing hospital with a friend. I never knew why I felt shame then though. Maybe it has some attachment to how the play made me feel happy and good inside, an indescribable happy, a foreign one. Perhaps that is it.

Still I feel shame sometimes, when with a partner. I have only told one parter about how I feel, and only after two years of dating. I wonder if there are men out there who feel the same way I do. It is hard to find someone who fits your fetish, who knows limits and doesn't take things to extremes.

I remember I used to cast my barbies but taking wet toilet paper and wrapping it around their limbs. When it hardened it looked really realistic. For Barbie anyway..

Your blog has really inspired me.

I should start one of my own, I write a lot of stories, mainly on "cast site stories". I really need to embrace who I am more.

12/30/2006 11:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home